The modest and high tech features of smart homes have created a competitive edge in real estate because they optimize home living. Through transmission technologies like Wi-Fi and Bluetooth homeowners can control and monitor automated devices around their homes. Real estate developers are quickly embracing these concepts because of the rising vibrant and knowledgeable market.
Smart tech innovators like Apple and Amazon have made a huge impact on smart home industry with their intelligent virtual personal assistants Siri and Alexa, who obey voice commands on smart appliances that have been synchronized. Check out Medium to know more.
According to Patch, several real estate companies like Quadrant Homes in Bellevue, Washington have incorporated smart home innovations as a standard feature in all their new housing projects. The city of Seattle which has set the trail blazer for smart home technology, houses the biggest population of homeowners with inkling towards smart technology. The rate at which the smart home innovations are spreading across states is a glimpse of how the rural areas will be in the next decade. It has been projected by TechSci Research that by 2021, global smart home market will exceed $60 billion and this is the right opportunity to invest in smart home market because soon this lucrative venture will be the norm in just a matter of time.
Some of the smart home features include:
- Nest thermostat that regulate home temperatures
- Ring-motion detection doorbells
- Caseta Wireless programmable lighting systems
- Hub systems that allow homeowners to issue commands using hidden microphones
- Force detecting floors that detect mobility problems in seniors
- Lutron automated window shades
Smart homes benefits:
- Safety and security
- Smart toilets that detect health problems by analysing stool and urine samples then send reports to a doctor.
- Provide continued independence for the elderly and handicapped boosting their esteem and confidence greatly.
Smart homes challenges:
- Cost of installation makes the houses pricier because of the high tech equipment.
- Security breaches when the systems are infiltrated by hackers exposing owners to potential risk.
- Difficulty convincing the senior population who are more guarded and wary compared to the younger population.
- The artificial intelligence to comprehend all languages and accents is still very limited.
About Todd Lubar
He is a passionate real estate developer with a vested interest in smart homes. Todd Lubar is currently the President of Global Ventures, LLC and also serves as the Vice President of Legendary Investments. With over two decades of experience in real estate, Todd has consistently been ranked among top 25 mortgage originators in the U.S.
Besides real estate, Todd has also worked in the entertainment industry, recycling and demolition industries. He is also greatly vested in helping people dreams of owning their homes by lending loans to them. Click here to follow Todd: https://twitter.com/todd_lubar?lang=en